your app is not working

vipul kumar
your application john the ripper is not working in my windows 10 64 bit ,
laptop.
it doesn't crack any thing !!, it shows  ""WARNING: Couldn't compute
FAST_CWD pointer""  what is this please kinda help me !!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Re: your app is not working

marco atzeri-4
Am 16.10.2018 um 10:03 schrieb vipul kumar:
> your application john the ripper is not working in my windows 10 64 bit ,
> laptop.
> it doesn't crack any thing !!, it shows  ""WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer""  what is this please kinda help me !!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

It is NOT our application, check better the documentation
or from where you downloaded it.

The warning is not related to your problem in using the application

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

---

update request for whois

Cygwin list mailing list

Could we get an update to whois?  5.4.0 was released a couple weeks
ago, 5.3.2 back in July.
ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/whois

The current package of  5.2.10 was released > 3 years ago:
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-09/msg00052.html

There are a couple significant issues with 5.2.10.
1. requires 2 lookups to get to the thick record,.  this was reported
before - https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-08/msg00225.html
2. .com queries almost always return an exit code of 1 upon success.
https://github.com/rfc1036/whois/issues/54 , also #s 55,56,57

As an aside, I don't know if I would title it "whois: GNU Whois
(installed binaries and support files)" since "GNU whois" seems to be
something named jwhois, which is a whole different dead-end of a
project that hasn't been updated in over a decade.  And the author
doesn't identify it as "GNU whois", even though he releases it under gpl2.

Cheers!