xrdb: can't open display 127.0.0.1:0.0

hackerwiz
Hi

I'm able to run an X11/ Motif application compiled using gcc on Cygwin within Cygwin/X.

However, when I try running the app from Windows directly (say from File Manager), it errors out with:

 xrdb: can't open display 127.0.0.1:0.0

(Note: Cygwin/ X is running separately on the same PC.)
Any suggestions how I can fix this?

thanks!

Re: xrdb: can't open display 127.0.0.1:0.0

marco atzeri-4
Am 16.10.2018 um 02:11 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi
>
> I'm able to run an X11/ Motif application compiled using gcc on Cygwin within Cygwin/X.
>
> However, when I try running the app from Windows directly (say from File Manager), it errors out with:
>
>   xrdb: can't open display 127.0.0.1:0.0
>
> (Note: Cygwin/ X is running separately on the same PC.)
> Any suggestions how I can fix this?
>
> thanks!

from a xterm window:

$ set | grep DISPLAY
DISPLAY=:0.0

So you can set it or you continue to start from within Cygwin/X

---