upload with "previous"

Thomas Wolff
I wanted to upload mintty 3.1.6 with a specific setup.hint containing
curr: 3.1.6
prev: 3.1.4
but got it wrong so the upload was "normal" instead.
I've now uploaded just the setup.hint (mintty-3.1.6-1.hint) and !ready
files manually. Will that work or should I repeat the complete upload?
Thomas

Re: upload with "previous"

Jon TURNEY
On 21/05/2020 19:27, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> I wanted to upload mintty 3.1.6 with a specific setup.hint containing
> curr: 3.1.6
> prev: 3.1.4
> but got it wrong so the upload was "normal" instead.
> I've now uploaded just the setup.hint (mintty-3.1.6-1.hint) and !ready
> files manually. Will that work or should I repeat the complete upload?

These 'curr' and prev' key are only valid in an override.hint file:

https://cygwin.com/packaging-hint-files.html#override.hint

(It's unclear how these should be interpreted if they were present with
different values in the hints for different versions)

However, in this case since you simply wish to withdraw 3.1.5-1, I'd
suggest you use the provided mechanism to delete that version:

https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html#deleting

Re: upload with "previous"

Thomas Wolff writes:
> I wanted to upload mintty 3.1.6 with a specific setup.hint containing
> curr: 3.1.6
> prev: 3.1.4
> but got it wrong so the upload was "normal" instead.

I think you'd rather want to delete the 3.1.5 version, in which case no
override.hint is necessary.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

Re: upload with "previous"

On 21/05/2020 20:58, Jon Turney wrote:

> On 21/05/2020 19:27, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> I wanted to upload mintty 3.1.6 with a specific setup.hint containing
>> curr: 3.1.6
>> prev: 3.1.4
>> but got it wrong so the upload was "normal" instead.
>> I've now uploaded just the setup.hint (mintty-3.1.6-1.hint) and !ready
>> files manually. Will that work or should I repeat the complete upload?
>
> These 'curr' and prev' key are only valid in an override.hint file:
>
> https://cygwin.com/packaging-hint-files.html#override.hint

Correction: per [1], 'prev:' isn't actually valid in override.hint
anymore, since it didn't actually do anything much.

So all you are really saying here is 'curr: 3.1.6', which calm is
capable of working out anyhow, and will be wrong when the next version
is uploaded (and require you to remember to remove it then).

So, um, yeah.

[1] https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2020-March/039948.html