ssh key fails

Thomas Wolff
Trying to upload mintty, my sftp access fails.
After reconfiguration of my machine, I copied over the complete ~/.ssh
directory (which worked between completely different machines before),
but it says
[hidden email]: Permission denied (publickey).

Did anything change?
Thomas

Re: ssh key fails

Jon TURNEY
On 25/02/2020 08:44, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Trying to upload mintty, my sftp access fails.
> After reconfiguration of my machine, I copied over the complete ~/.ssh
> directory (which worked between completely different machines before),
> but it says
> [hidden email]: Permission denied
> (publickey).
>
> Did anything change?

Are you sure you preserved the permissions of the contents of ~/.ssh?
ssh might refuse to use them, if they are too open.

I've have recently updated the scripts I used to maintain the
authorized_keys file, so it's certainly possible I've broken something.

But I have double checked and your public key from [1] is present.

Can you send me (privately) the output of 'ssh -vvv [hidden email]
alive' ?

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2014-06/msg00033.html

Re: ssh key fails

On 2020-02-25 01:44, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Trying to upload mintty, my sftp access fails.
> After reconfiguration of my machine, I copied over the complete ~/.ssh directory
> (which worked between completely different machines before), but it says
> [hidden email]: Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Did anything change?

I find cygport ...cygport upload generally easier and more reliable than trying
to do it myself with lftp, and had more issues with sftp.

I had problems recently with cygsshd running, but after shutting that down,
cygport upload took the same code path on x86_64 as x86, and prompted for my
passphrase.