setup libsolv: getting rid of ".any"

Ken Brown-6
Jon,

I've been trying to think of a way to get rid of the suffix ".any" that
gets appended to package names.  I think users will be confused by this
when they see it in log files and, more importantly, in problem reports.
  The only thing I can come up with is patching libsolv so that
pool_solvable2str() suppresses 'arch' when arch == ARCH_ANY.  Can you
think of a better way?

Re: setup libsolv: getting rid of ".any"

Jon TURNEY
On 13/12/2017 00:04, Ken Brown wrote:
> I've been trying to think of a way to get rid of the suffix ".any" that
> gets appended to package names.  I think users will be confused by this
> when they see it in log files and, more importantly, in problem reports.
>   The only thing I can come up with is patching libsolv so that
> pool_solvable2str() suppresses 'arch' when arch == ARCH_ANY.  Can you
> think of a better way?

Ideally, we'd have the actual archness of the package, but we don't have
that information for installed packages, so I didn't bother with keeping
it around for anything.

I'm not too worried about this appearing in the log file, but we could
post-process problem strings in SolverSolution::report() to remove '.any'