setup.exe waiting for busy files

Lapo Luchini-2
If I forget closing an rxvt window, or something else that links
cygwin1.dll, setup.exe stops at "uninstalling cygwin" until the file is
free to be deleted (yes, that's because I use the specific command-line
option).
I wonder why it then marks the cygwin package as not succesfully
uninstalled.
I would understand marking it unsuccesfull if the choice was "busy ->
skip", but being "busy -> wait until not busy anymore" shouldn't it
suceed directly?

NB: this is not so bad, I only need to launch setup.exe again and it
quickly re'install that single package, but it seemed strange enough to
be mentionel in a message anyway ;-)

Re: setup.exe waiting for busy files

Lapo Luchini-2
Lapo Luchini wrote:
> I would understand marking it unsuccesfull if the choice was "busy ->
> skip", but being "busy -> wait until not busy anymore" shouldn't it
> suceed directly?

I also wonder WHY creating a "NostartMenu" modal dialog if the reason
itself is the specific presence in the command line of the option to
SKIP installing it... I don't really need an installation-blocking
dialog to warn me of something I did explicitly select, do I?
(moreover in some cases it appears under the setup itself, and until yuo
remember to check task bar, you only get some "dong" upon perssnig the
"next" button in setup, being stopped by the modal windows)