setup 2.895 release candidate - please test

setup 2.895 release candidate - please test

Jon TURNEY

A new setup release candidate is available at:

   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86.exe    (32 bit version)

Please test and report any problems here.

This is not the place for setup feature requests.

Changes compared to 2.893:

- Drag setup into the 1990s, by replacing the custom-drawn package
chooser with a ListView common control.

-- Use standard UI elements to choose an action to take on a package or
category, rather than the weird UX of clicking to cycle around a list of
options of undisclosed length.

-- Behaviour change: previously, a category action only affected
packages which matched any name search filter applied.  Now all packages
contained by the category are affected.

-- Category view now shows a count of packages in a category

-- Add long description as a tooltip for description

-- Package selection can now be done via keyboard (crudely)

- Add support for ZStandard compression for packages and .ini files

- Fix a new warning reported by gcc 8

- Avoid a potential crash when checking for cached packages
   Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-10/msg00033.html

- Use pkgconfig for build prerequisite checking

- Fix log spam when package vendor is something other than "cygwin"

- Various cleanups

Thanks to Ken Brown and Achim Gratz.

Re: setup 2.895 release candidate - please test

marco atzeri-4
Am 21.10.2018 um 18:12 schrieb Jon Turney:

> A new setup release candidate is available at:
>
>    https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
>    https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86.exe    (32 bit version)
>
> Please test and report any problems here.

Noted on local repository

it does not suggest to upgrade from
cmake 3.6.2-1 to 3.12.4-1 but it reports the
3.12.4-1 as only version available on the local repository

maybe the order priority is not numerical ?

I copied the 3.12.4-1 on
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M6qBjBt0lEAfgAJuSa4GhODOvAlg2rjp

If you want to test them . Be aware it is 250 Mb per arch.

---

Am 06.11.2018 um 11:29 schrieb Marco Atzeri:

> Am 21.10.2018 um 18:12 schrieb Jon Turney:
>>
>> A new setup release candidate is available at:
>>
>>    https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
>>    https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86.exe    (32 bit version)
>>
>> Please test and report any problems here.
>>

> Noted on local repository
>
> it does not suggest to upgrade from
> cmake 3.6.2-1 to 3.12.4-1 but it reports the
> 3.12.4-1 as only version available on the local repository
>
> maybe the order priority is not numerical ?
>
> I copied the 3.12.4-1 on
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M6qBjBt0lEAfgAJuSa4GhODOvAlg2rjp
>
> If you want to test them . Be aware it is 250 Mb per arch.
>
> Regards
> Marco

I take back.
Setup was aware that one dependency was missing for the upgrade
and not available from the local repository.

As soon I added the missing dependency, it proposes the upgrade as expected.

Sorry for the noise
Marco

---