rpmconf-like tool for Cygwin

Yaakov Selkowitz
I put together an initial draft of a tool meant to fill the role of
rpmconf on RPM-based systems:

https://github.com/yselkowitz/cygetcconf

It definitely needs more work (and maybe a better name) before
inclusion anywhere, but in the spirit of "early and often", it's a
start.

HTH,

Re: rpmconf-like tool for Cygwin

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Apr  7 21:05, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> I put together an initial draft of a tool meant to fill the role of
> rpmconf on RPM-based systems:
>
> https://github.com/yselkowitz/cygetcconf
>
> It definitely needs more work (and maybe a better name) before

rpm -> cygport
rpmconf -> cygportconf?

> inclusion anywhere, but in the spirit of "early and often", it's a
> start.

Great idea!

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> I put together an initial draft of a tool meant to fill the role of
> rpmconf on RPM-based systems:

Hmm.  Is that what is called rpmconfigcheck on my system or something else?

> https://github.com/yselkowitz/cygetcconf
>
> It definitely needs more work (and maybe a better name) before
> inclusion anywhere, but in the spirit of "early and often", it's a
> start.

I'd somehow prefer if that was something that could be obtained via
cygcheck.