Quantcast

readshortcut fails on file name

Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent)
I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in its name.
readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
readshortcut reads it correctly.

$ readshortcut c-d.lnk
readshortcut: Load failed on C:\cygwin\home\knellis\work\c-d.lnk
$ mv c-d.lnk b.lnk
$ readshortcut b.lnk
/home/knellis/work/a
$ uname -svr
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 2.8.0(0.309/5/3) 2017-04-01 20:47
$ readshortcut --version
readshortcut is part of cygutils version 1.4.15
  Reads and outputs data from a Windows shortcut (.lnk) file.

$ printenv LANG
C.UTF-8
$

--Ken Nellis

Re: readshortcut fails on file name

Thomas Wolff
Am 16.05.2017 um 21:14 schrieb Nellis, Kenneth:
> I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in its name.
> readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
> readshortcut reads it correctly.
I have a patched version of readshortcut that fully supports Unicode.
I will provide it in a few days.
Actually, I have it waiting for contribution for a while already, but
did not find time yet to patch mkshortcut as well...
Thomas