readshortcut fails on file name

Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent)
I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in its name.
readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
readshortcut reads it correctly.

$ readshortcut c-d.lnk
readshortcut: Load failed on C:\cygwin\home\knellis\work\c-d.lnk
$ mv c-d.lnk b.lnk
$ readshortcut b.lnk
/home/knellis/work/a
$ uname -svr
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 2.8.0(0.309/5/3) 2017-04-01 20:47
$ readshortcut --version
readshortcut is part of cygutils version 1.4.15
  Reads and outputs data from a Windows shortcut (.lnk) file.

$ printenv LANG
C.UTF-8
$

--Ken Nellis

Re: readshortcut fails on file name

Thomas Wolff
Am 16.05.2017 um 21:14 schrieb Nellis, Kenneth:
> I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in its name.
> readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
> readshortcut reads it correctly.
I have a patched version of readshortcut that fully supports Unicode.
I will provide it in a few days.
Actually, I have it waiting for contribution for a while already, but
did not find time yet to patch mkshortcut as well...
Thomas

Am 16.05.2017 um 21:53 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
> Am 16.05.2017 um 21:14 schrieb Nellis, Kenneth:
>> I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in
>> its name.
>> readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
>> readshortcut reads it correctly.
> I have a patched version of readshortcut that fully supports Unicode.
> I will provide it in a few days.
> Actually, I have it waiting for contribution for a while already, but
> did not find time yet to patch mkshortcut as well...
I seem to have forgotten to provide this. I had meanwhile reworked
mkshortcut for full Unicode support as well.
Uploaded now as http://towo.net/cygwin/shortcuts.zip
Thomas

Re: readshortcut fails on file name

Brian Inglis
On 2017-07-18 14:52, Thomas Wolff wrote:

> Am 16.05.2017 um 21:53 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
>> Am 16.05.2017 um 21:14 schrieb Nellis, Kenneth:
>>> I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in its name.
>>> readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
>>> readshortcut reads it correctly.
>> I have a patched version of readshortcut that fully supports Unicode.
>> I will provide it in a few days.
>> Actually, I have it waiting for contribution for a while already, but did not
>> find time yet to patch mkshortcut as well...
> I seem to have forgotten to provide this. I had meanwhile reworked mkshortcut
> for full Unicode support as well.
> Uploaded now as http://towo.net/cygwin/shortcuts.zip

Link gets 1&1 404 page.

Am 19.07.2017 um 00:57 schrieb Brian Inglis:

> On 2017-07-18 14:52, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>> I have a patched version of readshortcut that fully supports Unicode.
>>> I will provide it in a few days.
>>> Actually, I have it waiting for contribution for a while already, but did not
>>> find time yet to patch mkshortcut as well...
>> I seem to have forgotten to provide this. I had meanwhile reworked mkshortcut
>> for full Unicode support as well.
>> Uploaded now as http://towo.net/cygwin/shortcuts.zip
> Link gets 1&1 404 page.
Sorry; fixed.

Am 19.07.2017 um 08:33 schrieb Thomas Wolff:

> Am 19.07.2017 um 00:57 schrieb Brian Inglis:
>>> I seem to have forgotten to provide this. I had meanwhile reworked
>>> mkshortcut
>>> for full Unicode support as well.
>>> Uploaded now as http://towo.net/cygwin/shortcuts.zip
>> Link gets 1&1 404 page.
> Sorry; fixed.
But forget about it; it's already been released, I was confused.