problem with running gdb in cygwin

Krisakorn Rerkrai
Hi,

I have a problem with running gdb in the cygwin.
I searched in the archive and found some descriptions
but not really solve my problem.

This is my result:

(gdb) run 2
Starting program: /opt/tinyos- 1.x/apps/Oscilloscope/build/pc
/main.exe 2
SIM: Random seed is 828125
1: LEDS: Yellow off.
1: LEDS: Red off.
1: LEDS: Green off.

0x7c809f62 in KERNEL32!IsBadWritePtr ()
  from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/kernel32.dll
(gdb)

One solution refers to
I have tried to "continue" the process. I have to type "continue"
at least 3 times each time it is stuck with this fault. This is
quite annoying. Is there any other clean solution for this?

Attached you find cygcheck.out

Thank you,
Krisakorn

cygcheck.out (17K) Download Attachment

RE: problem with running gdb in cygwin

Dave Korn
Krisakorn Rerkrai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with running gdb in the cygwin.

> Attached you find cygcheck.out

  Which confirms what cgf said.  Upgrade your cygwin dll.

    cheers,
      DaveK

Re: problem with running gdb in cygwin

Christopher Faylor-2
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 05:22:15PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Krisakorn Rerkrai wrote:
>>I have a problem with running gdb in the cygwin.
>
>>Attached you find cygcheck.out
>
>Which confirms what cgf said.  Upgrade your cygwin dll.

And, AFAICT, the OP apparently didn't really read the referenced URL.
This seems to be a common occurrence.  People apparently think that they
are immune from all of the caveats mentioned at http://cygwin.com/problems.html
except for the "send cygcheck output".

Otherwise, apparently, it's ok to just ignore things like "using a
descriptive subject" or "don't start a new thread" or "include a test
case".