opam package

Andy Li
Hi,

I would like to create and maintain a cygwin package for OPAM, i.e.
OCaml Package Manager.
It would be a dependency of the next version Haxe, which I would like
to package too.

The initial cygport file I created can be found at:
https://github.com/andyli/opam-cygwin

Please review and let me know if there is any problem.

Best regards,
Andy

Re: opam package

marco atzeri-4
On 10/05/2017 08:44, Andy Li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to create and maintain a cygwin package for OPAM, i.e.
> OCaml Package Manager.
> It would be a dependency of the next version Haxe, which I would like
> to package too.
>
> The initial cygport file I created can be found at:
> https://github.com/andyli/opam-cygwin
>
> Please review and let me know if there is any problem.
>
> Best regards,
> Andy

Hi Andy,
build fine and pass the tests, however there are no manual.
This should do the trick

src_compile() {
     lndirs
     cd ${B}

     # $LIBS defined by cygport interferes with OCamlMakefile
     unset LIBS

     cygconf
     cygmake lib-ext
     cygmake
     cd ${B}/doc
     cygmake man
}

In addition as it is a OCaml Package Manager, may be it should require
at least "ocaml" ?

Re: opam package

Andy Li
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> build fine and pass the tests, however there are no manual.
> This should do the trick
>
> src_compile() {
>     lndirs
>     cd ${B}
>
>     # $LIBS defined by cygport interferes with OCamlMakefile
>     unset LIBS
>
>     cygconf
>     cygmake lib-ext
>     cygmake
>     cd ${B}/doc
>     cygmake man
> }

Thanks for the suggestion! I've added that by combining the commands into

    cygmake lib-ext man all

> In addition as it is a OCaml Package Manager, may be it should require at
> least "ocaml" ?

It's a bit special here. Opam is also a OCaml version manager that
allows ppl install multiple different versions of OCaml into ~/.opam.
Though it can use the system (Cygwin) OCaml, opam can work by itself.

Best regards,
Andy

Re: opam package

marco atzeri-4
On 12/05/2017 08:52, Andy Li wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Marco Atzeri  wrote:
>> build fine and pass the tests, however there are no manual.

> Thanks for the suggestion! I've added that by combining the commands into
>
>     cygmake lib-ext man all
>
>> In addition as it is a OCaml Package Manager, may be it should require at
>> least "ocaml" ?
>
> It's a bit special here. Opam is also a OCaml version manager that
> allows ppl install multiple different versions of OCaml into ~/.opam.
> Though it can use the system (Cygwin) OCaml, opam can work by itself.
>
> Best regards,
> Andy

GTG.
I already added the package on the list