non gui setup of cygwin possible?

cygwin.20.maillinglist
Hi folks

I like to know if it is possible to setup cygwin from the command line.
without any user interaction after the setup is started.

IMPORTANT
I will read replies only from the mailing list.
If you send me email directly it will be deleted.

Regards

    Franz

Re: non gui setup of cygwin possible?

Igor Peshansky
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, cygwin.20.maillinglist wrote:
                           ^
You're missing the "B"... :-)

> I like to know if it is possible to setup cygwin from the command line.
> without any user interaction after the setup is started.

You're asking two separate questions here.

To answer the first one: no, there is no command-line-only tool to set up
Cygwin.  You'll have to use the graphical setup.exe application.

To answer the second one: setup.exe supports an unattended install mode,
where it installs everything in the Base category and upgrades installed
packages automatically.  You can even use a trick to install *any* set of
packages automatically -- see my recent reply about the Cygwin package
server.  I don't know if it's fully interactionless (i.e., there's that
"Installation complete" message box that may pop up at the very end), but
it should serve your needs.

> IMPORTANT
> I will read replies only from the mailing list.
> If you send me email directly it will be deleted.

So set Reply-To:...
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!