multitail 6.5.0-1 is now available in Cygwin. This is a new upstream
release. The author of multitail doesn't provide an up-to-date changelog,
but there's a little bit of explanation on the project home page, and an
MultiTail lets you view one or multiple files like the original tail
program. The difference is that it creates multiple windows on your console
(with ncurses). It can also:
* Monitor wildcards: if another file matching the wildcard has a more
recent modification date, it will automatically switch to that file. That
way you can, for example, monitor a complete directory of files.
* Merge 2 or more logfiles.
* Use colors while displaying the logfiles (through regular expressions),
for faster recognition of what is important and what not.
* Filter lines (again with regular expressions) and has interactive menus
for editing given regular expressions and deleting and adding windows.
* Have windows with the output of shell scripts and other software. When
viewing the output of external software, MultiTail can mimic the
functionality of tools like 'watch' and such.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format: