make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Hello

Today I have check out by setup command on Cygwin-x86.

The make command does not work.

$ LC_ALL=C make
      0 [main] make 8704 child_info_fork::abort: E:\cygwin\bin\cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address: parent(0x8B0000) != child(0x7B0000)
make: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Any suggestions?

Tatsuro

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Andrey Repin
Greetings, Tatsuro MATSUOKA!

> Hello

> Today I have check out by setup command on Cygwin-x86.

> The make command does not work.

> $ LC_ALL=C make
>       0 [main] make 8704 child_info_fork::abort:
> E:\cygwin\bin\cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address: parent(0x8B0000) != child(0x7B0000)
> make: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

> Any suggestions?

rebase-trigger full
setup to the last

Also,

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Thank you for the reply

> rebase-trigger full
> setup to the last

> rebase-trigger full ?

I started up ash from Windows command prompt and tried to start

$ rebase-trigger full
but
ash: 1: rebase-trigger: not found

I have installed rebase package from the cygwin package.

> setup to the last ?

What should I do for "setup to the last?

Regards

Tatsuro

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA
rebaseall and restart PC solves the issue.

Thanks!

Tatsuro

Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
> I started up ash from Windows command prompt and tried to start

That's not necessary anymore, but if you do you either need to set PATH or
prepend /bin/ to all commands.

> $ rebase-trigger full
> but
> ash: 1: rebase-trigger: not found
>
> I have installed rebase package from the cygwin package.
>
> > setup to the last ?
>
> What should I do for "setup to the last?

Just shut down all your Cygwin processes and then run setup.exe again.

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Andrey Repin
Greetings, Tatsuro MATSUOKA!

>> rebase-trigger full
>> setup to the last

>> rebase-trigger full ?

> I started up ash from Windows command prompt and tried to start

> $ rebase-trigger full
> but
> ash: 1: rebase-trigger: not found

Then your installation is sorely out of date.

$ which rebase-trigger
/usr/bin/rebase-trigger

$ rebase-trigger --help

rebase-trigger [-h | --help | [ full[rebase] | peflags ]]

Commands:
------------------------------------

full
fullrebase
        Perform a full rebase the next time autorebase is run.

peflags
        Set some flags on executables necessary to run on a Terminal
        Server.  This is only needed for 32bit executables that have
        been created with old toolchains.

> I have installed rebase package from the cygwin package.

>> setup to the last ?

> What should I do for "setup to the last?

As Achim said, just close all running Cygwin processes, then run setup and let
it do its magic.
Also, if you have 64-bit OS and don't have specific needs for x86 Cygwin, I'd
recommend scraping your current Cygwin suite and install 64-bit one.
It gets A LOT easier on memory layout.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>>  I started up ash from Windows command prompt and tried to start
>
>>  $ rebase-trigger full
>>  but
>>  ash: 1: rebase-trigger: not found
>
> Then your installation is sorely out of date.
>
> $ which rebase-trigger
> /usr/bin/rebase-trigger
>
> $ rebase-trigger --help
>
> rebase-trigger [-h | --help | [ full[rebase] | peflags ]]
>
> Commands:
> ------------------------------------
>
> full
> fullrebase
>         Perform a full rebase the next time autorebase is run.
>
> peflags
>         Set some flags on executables necessary to run on a Terminal
>         Server.  This is only needed for 32bit executables that have
>         been created with old toolchains.

I have forgotten ./ before  rebase-trigger in ash.
"./" is needed if it executed from windows cmd

>>>  setup to the last ?
>
>>  What should I do for "setup to the last?
>
> As Achim said, just close all running Cygwin processes, then run setup and let
> it do its magic.
The last step of setup seem to be autorebase then setup command is the easiest way
to use "rebase". Am I right?

After rebase sometime one needs to restart PC. Right?

> Also, if you have 64-bit OS and don't have specific needs for x86 Cygwin,
> I'd
> recommend scraping your current Cygwin suite and install 64-bit one.
> It gets A LOT easier on memory layout.

I know.

I have both Cygwin32 and Cygwin64 for the purpose to distribute the cvs version
of gnuplot for windows.

http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/gnuplot/Eng/cygbin/

For usual use, I of course uses Cygwin64 on 64 bit windows.

Thank you for your detailed explanations.

Tatsuro

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Achim Gratz
Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
> The last step of setup seem to be autorebase then setup command is the
easiest way
> to use "rebase". Am I right?

Yes.

> After rebase sometime one needs to restart PC. Right?

No.  You only need to restart if in-use DLL have been replaced during setup.
 Rebase just doesn't do anything for in-use files, so the worst that can
happen is that you have an incomplete rebase.

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Dear Achim

>Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
>>  The last step of setup seem to be autorebase then setup command is the
> easiest way
>>  to use "rebase". Am I right?
>
> Yes.
>>  After rebase sometime one needs to restart PC. Right?
>
> No.  You only need to restart if in-use DLL have been replaced during setup.
> Rebase just doesn't do anything for in-use files, so the worst that can
> happen is that you have an incomplete rebase.

Thank you for your kind explanations.

I remember the situation of the Cygwin setup before the issue.
Usually I do not use cygwin process until setup command finished.
However,I have no confidence that I kill all other cygwin-x86 process at that time.
I will take care during cygwin setup process.

Tatsuro MATSUOKA writes:
> However,I have no confidence that I kill all other cygwin-x86 process
> at that time.  I will take care during cygwin setup process.

Install procps and just issue "pkill ." in an admin shell (or make a
shortcut for that) if you want to be sure.

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>>  However,I have no confidence that I kill all other cygwin-x86 process
>>  at that time.  I will take care during cygwin setup process.
>
> Install procps and just issue "pkill ." in an admin shell (or make a
> shortcut for that) if you want to be sure.

Thanks a lot!

Tatsuro

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Andrey Repin
Greetings, Achim Gratz!

> Tatsuro MATSUOKA writes:
>> However,I have no confidence that I kill all other cygwin-x86 process
>> at that time.  I will take care during cygwin setup process.

> Install procps and just issue "pkill ." in an admin shell (or make a
> shortcut for that) if you want to be sure.

That's a bit of a requirement. Considering this can be resolved with no external
packages.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

install-cygwin.sh.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Dear Andrey Repin

>That's a bit of a requirement. Considering this can be resolved with no external
>packages.

It is very useful. Thanks a lot.

Tatsuro