lookup problem in compiler

Cygwin list mailing list
Hello, I am trying to compile certain programs in windows 10 and I
have a curious problem, I use mingw64-x86_64-w64-mingw, when I add
related packages if it is able to locate them but if I install
packages that are not related it is not able to locate them, yes
cygwin is supposedly compatible with posix because it doesn't localize
them?.
For example, if I install mingw64-x86_64-gtk3, then in the console the
compiler finds it perfect, but if I install libncurse-dev it is not
able to locate it indicating that it is not there when it really is,
this failure does not occur in Linux, as I solve this?
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: lookup problem in compiler

Hans-Bernhard Bröker
Am 15.11.2020 um 04:59 schrieb Juan carlos Rebate via Cygwin:
> Hello, I am trying to compile certain programs in windows 10 and I
> have a curious problem, I use mingw64-x86_64-w64-mingw, when I add
> related packages if it is able to locate them but if I install
> packages that are not related it is not able to locate them,

MinGW64 GCC is a cross-compiler.  It builds native Windows programs,
which are a rather different thing than Cygwin programs.

Development packages for the native cygwin compiler generally do not
provide anything usable for the cross-compiler.  It would be wrong for
the MinGW cross-compiler to find them.  If it did find them, very little
in terms of useful results could possibly come of it.