long rebasing delay when updating is nuts

long rebasing delay when updating is nuts

Kent Dorfman
The subject pretty much says it.  This deficiency has been mentioned a
few times online before (based on web search), but it seems to be a
non-issue with the cygwin project folks.

Re: long rebasing delay when updating is nuts

cyg Simple
On 11/7/2018 3:48 PM, Kent Dorfman wrote:
> The subject pretty much says it.  This deficiency has been mentioned a
> few times online before (based on web search), but it seems to be a
> non-issue with the cygwin project folks.

It pretty much depends on how many files need to be updated.  Patches
are always welcome for review that help improve what you find as a
deficiency.  Though I'm guessing you have no round tuits to apply toward
such a patch since your message complaining about the time it takes to
do an update was so terse.  Good luck on working a patch.

--
cyg Simple

Am 07.11.2018 um 21:48 schrieb Kent Dorfman:
> The subject pretty much says it.  This deficiency has been mentioned a
> few times online before (based on web search), but it seems to be a
> non-issue with the cygwin project folks.

A bit more of verbosity will help to understand your claim.

How many package do you have ?
How long is the rebase for you ?

I am updating regularly and I do not see an excessive time for rebasing,
so please quantify your problem.

---