lib missing, cygcheck says "ok"?

L A Walsh
>  cygcheck pulseaudio
cygcheck: track_down: could not find cygspeexdsp-1.dll

When I reinstalled the package, it didn't want any extra
packages.

I made sure the speex package was loaded, but that didn't have
it either.

Well this is odd:

>  cygcheck -c libspeexdsp1
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version         Status
libspeexdsp1         1.2-0.1.rc3     OK
>  cygcheck -l libspeexdsp1
>  #nothing listed.

Did a reinstall on package and now -l lists the cygspeexdsp-1.dll file.

Why would cygcheck -c claim status "ok" when a file was missing?

>  cygcheck --version
cygcheck (cygwin) 2.11.1

Re: lib missing, cygcheck says "ok"?

marco atzeri-4
Am 02.11.2018 um 23:39 schrieb L A Walsh:

>>  cygcheck pulseaudio
> cygcheck: track_down: could not find cygspeexdsp-1.dll
>
> When I reinstalled the package, it didn't want any extra
> packages.
>
> I made sure the speex package was loaded, but that didn't have
> it either.
>
> Well this is odd:
>
>>  cygcheck -c libspeexdsp1
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version         Status
> libspeexdsp1         1.2-0.1.rc3     OK
>>  cygcheck -l libspeexdsp1
>>  #nothing listed.
>
> Did a reinstall on package and now -l lists the cygspeexdsp-1.dll file.
>
> Why would cygcheck -c claim status "ok" when a file was missing?
>
>>  cygcheck --version
> cygcheck (cygwin) 2.11.1

I see the same anomaly in one of my 2 installations.
My guess is that the package libspeexdsp1 was wrongly uploaded
and later corrected, without the needed version bump.

---

Re: lib missing, cygcheck says "ok"?

L A Walsh

Thanks,  *sigh*.  Unfortunately, that also implies that no one
is using pulseaudio ?

-----