how to install software in cygwin without installer

how to install software in cygwin without installer

haibin
Hi,

I'm using a product which integrates a cygwin. I want to install some
software like gcc in this cygwin. But the problem is this cygwin
doesn't have a installer. Any idea how I can install software in this
special cygwin?

Regards,
Haibin

Re: how to install software in cygwin without installer

Igor Peshansky
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Liu Haibin wrote:

> I'm using a product which integrates a cygwin. I want to install some
> software like gcc in this cygwin. But the problem is this cygwin
> doesn't have a installer. Any idea how I can install software in this
> special cygwin?

Either they use an unmodified Cygwin installation, in which case you do it
the usual way (run setup.exe and select "gcc"), or they are one of what we
call <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#3PP>, in which case you'll have to ask
them how to do this.
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!