hidden share - latex error - Unrecognized variable construct `$'

hidden share - latex error - Unrecognized variable construct `$'

Poor Yorick
My pwd is drive mapped to a windows share where the last character is a
"$" (dollar sign).  Latex reports lines of identical warnings:

warning: //<host>/<share>$: Unrecognized variable construct `$'

I know that this is more a Latex thing, but since there's some relation
to my cygwin environment, I thought I'd ask here.

--
Poor Yorick

RE: hidden share - latex error - Unrecognized variable construct `$'

Stephan Mueller
Being pedantic: you haven't actually asked a question, so it's not clear
what you're looking for.  But you're right that it's more of a LaTeX
thing, and so, a LaTeX list is probably better.

If you're looking for a workaround, I'd say easiest (and probably
obvious) is to net use a share name that doesn't end in $.  Ask the
owner of the sharing machine to provide one.

stephan();

RE: hidden share - latex error - Unrecognized variable construct `$'

Eric Blake-2
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU - reformatted

> > My pwd is drive mapped to a windows share where the last character is a
> > "$" (dollar sign).  Latex reports lines of identical warnings:
> >
> > warning: //<host>/<share>$: Unrecognized variable construct `$'

If anything, it is a LaTex bug, report it there.

> If you're looking for a workaround, I'd say easiest (and probably
> obvious) is to net use a share name that doesn't end in $.  Ask the
> owner of the sharing machine to provide one.

Or, use mount to create a mount point to the share so that
latex does not have to see the trailing $.  Symlinks would
also do the trick, but they are not as efficient as mount points.

--
Eric Blake