guile setup.hint problem

Christopher Faylor-2
upset: *** warning package libguile12 refers to non-existent external-source: guile

Re: guile setup.hint problem

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct 24 11:22, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> upset: *** warning package libguile12 refers to non-existent external-source: guile

Huh?  guile exists in the directoy level above.  Even the curr: version
number exists.

Re: guile setup.hint problem

Christopher Faylor-2
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:31:05PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Oct 24 11:22, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>upset: *** warning package libguile12 refers to non-existent external-source: guile
>
>Huh?  guile exists in the directoy level above.  Even the curr: version
>number exists.

I've explained this a few times.  external-source isn't as flexible
as people may want it to be.

The source package isn't picked up because the top level uses an
explicit curr: which makes any other files at that level invisible.  It
doesn't seem like there's any reason to have an external-source for this
package at all since there is an unreferenced guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2 at
the top level of the directory alongside a guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2.

I've moved the guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2 into libguile12 and renamed it.

I've also removed the "curr:" from guile's setup.hint file.

Re: guile setup.hint problem

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct 24 11:41, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:31:05PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Oct 24 11:22, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>upset: *** warning package libguile12 refers to non-existent external-source: guile
> >
> >Huh?  guile exists in the directoy level above.  Even the curr: version
> >number exists.
>
> I've explained this a few times.  external-source isn't as flexible
> as people may want it to be.
>
> The source package isn't picked up because the top level uses an
> explicit curr: which makes any other files at that level invisible.  It
> doesn't seem like there's any reason to have an external-source for this
> package at all since there is an unreferenced guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2 at
> the top level of the directory alongside a guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2.
>
> I've moved the guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2 into libguile12 and renamed it.
>
> I've also removed the "curr:" from guile's setup.hint file.

I don't quite understand this.  In how far was guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2
unreferenced?  It was the former curr:, now the prev: version.  By
removing this package you removed the guile.exe which links against
libguile12.

Re: guile setup.hint problem

Christopher Faylor-2
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:57:26PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>On Oct 24 11:41, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >
>> >Huh?  guile exists in the directoy level above.  Even the curr: version
>> >number exists.
>>
>> I've explained this a few times.  external-source isn't as flexible
>> as people may want it to be.
>>
>> The source package isn't picked up because the top level uses an
>> explicit curr: which makes any other files at that level invisible.  It
>> doesn't seem like there's any reason to have an external-source for this
>> package at all since there is an unreferenced guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2 at
>> the top level of the directory alongside a guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2.
>>
>> I've moved the guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2 into libguile12 and renamed it.
>>
>> I've also removed the "curr:" from guile's setup.hint file.
>
>I don't quite understand this.  In how far was guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2
>unreferenced?  It was the former curr:, now the prev: version.  By
>removing this package you removed the guile.exe which links against
>libguile12.

There was only one curr: in the top-level setup.hint.  There was no
prev:.  If current and previous tar files were desired then there
shouldn't have been a curr: in the setup.hint.

Re: guile setup.hint problem

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct 24 12:01, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:57:26PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> I've explained this a few times.  external-source isn't as flexible
> >> as people may want it to be.
> >>
> >> The source package isn't picked up because the top level uses an
> >> explicit curr: which makes any other files at that level invisible.  It
> >> doesn't seem like there's any reason to have an external-source for this
> >> package at all since there is an unreferenced guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2 at
> >> the top level of the directory alongside a guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2.
> >>
> >> I've moved the guile-1.6.7-4-src.tar.bz2 into libguile12 and renamed it.
> >>
> >> I've also removed the "curr:" from guile's setup.hint file.
> >
> >I don't quite understand this.  In how far was guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2
> >unreferenced?  It was the former curr:, now the prev: version.  By
> >removing this package you removed the guile.exe which links against
> >libguile12.
>
> There was only one curr: in the top-level setup.hint.  There was no
> prev:.  If current and previous tar files were desired then there
> shouldn't have been a curr: in the setup.hint.

Uh, that was it.  I didn't check that when uploading.  I also just saw
that you reverted guile-1.6.7-4.tar.bz2.

Re: guile setup.hint problem

Jan Nieuwenhuizen-2
Corinna Vinschen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Uh, that was it.  I didn't check that when uploading.

That curr: shouldn't have been there.  My bad.  Hmm, just checking,
stray curr:'s slipped into all fontconfig and lilypond setup hints
too.

Sorry,
Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: guile setup.hint problem

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct 24 19:31, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Uh, that was it.  I didn't check that when uploading.
>
> That curr: shouldn't have been there.  My bad.  Hmm, just checking,
> stray curr:'s slipped into all fontconfig and lilypond setup hints
> too.

No worries.  I removed the stray "curr:" lines from

  fontconfig/setup.hint
  fontconfig/libfontconfig1/setup.hint
  fontconfig/libfontconfig-devel/setup.hint

  guile/guile-doc/setup.hint
  guile/guile-devel/setup.hint
  guile/libguile17/setup.hint

  lilypond/setup.hint
  lilypond/lilypond-doc/setup.hint

Please make sure you do this in your local setup.hint files, too.