gdb doesn't print the output on the terminal

gdb doesn't print the output on the terminal

Cygwin list mailing list
Hello,
I installed Cygwin for 64bit window, and the following tools in order to
build and debug c programs using eclipse.
gcc 9.3.0-2
make 4.3-1
gdb 9.2-1
It seems like the gdb program doesn't print on the terminal.
When i run gdb --version a get an empty string on the terminal
When i run gdb, i can see the programm running on the task manager, and i
can quit it writing 'q' (even if the string doesn't appear on the terminal).
gcc and make works fine. When i check the version i normally get the
expected output, and i'm also capable to build a C project.
Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Gaetano
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: gdb doesn't print the output on the terminal

Cygwin list mailing list
On 08.01.2021 10:20, Gaetano Buldo via Cygwin wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed Cygwin for 64bit window, and the following tools in order to
> build and debug c programs using eclipse.
> gcc 9.3.0-2

why not the version 10 ?

> make 4.3-1
> gdb 9.2-1
> It seems like the gdb program doesn't print on the terminal.

this usually means you are missing some libraries or you have an
incorrect version of oune of them

These commands can help to identify the issue

$ cygcheck /usr/bin/gdb

$ strace -o /tmp/gdb.strace /usr/bin/gdb --version

> When i run gdb --version a get an empty string on the terminal
> When i run gdb, i can see the programm running on the task manager, and i
> can quit it writing 'q' (even if the string doesn't appear on the terminal).
> gcc and make works fine. When i check the version i normally get the
> expected output, and i'm also capable to build a C project.
> Any suggestion?
> Thanks,
> Gaetano
> --

see also here
> Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html

and provide the cygcheck.out as attachment

On 08.01.2021 12:46, Gaetano Buldo wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> i attach the files.
> I a first moment I installed the last versions of all the tools, after
> that i tried install other version.
> That's why my current version of gcc is 9.3.0-2.
> I removedĀ  some sensitive info, i putted ********.
> Thanks,
> Gaetano

the strace shows a normal exit.

What terminal are you using ?
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: gdb doesn't print the output on the terminal

Cygwin list mailing list
I used cygwin64 terminal (C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe) to generate these
files.
I tried gdb on both  cygwin64 terminal and window command prompt.
I don't get any output on both of them