See the /usr/share/doc/gdb/NEWS file for a list of user-visible changes.
In addition, it contains the following patches carried forward from the
previous Cygwin package:
* Teach the demangler to deal with '@'-decorated __stdcall functions
* Various fixes for Cygwin signal handling
* (experimental) Teach gdb how to unwind frames for the Cygwin signal
delivery wrapper functions _sigbe and sigdelayed
* Warn rather than stopping with an error if realpath() for a DLL fails
Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-08/msg00401.html * Fix a memory leak which would occur in the case when the result of
realpath() is greater than or equal to SO_NAME_MAX_PATH_SIZE (Corinna
and the following new patches:
* Enable output styling by default on Cygwin
also note the following packaging changes:
* The python interpreter used for gdb python extensions is now python3.