fontconfig package

d.henman
Who is managing the "fontconfig"  packagage.

I found that the newest version, 2.4.1, found at http://fontconfig.org/release/
builds well  in the current cygwin development environment.

Newer versions of fontconfig are required for some newer applications,
such as ImageMagick.

I would like to request that the newer version of fontconfig please be
added to the cygwin distribution package.

If there is anything I can do to help to get this done please let me know.

Thanks,
  Darel Henman

Re: fontconfig package

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct 12 16:42, djh wrote:
> Who is managing the "fontconfig"  packagage.

Right now, nobody.

> I found that the newest version, 2.4.1, found at
> http://fontconfig.org/release/
> builds well  in the current cygwin development environment.
>
> Newer versions of fontconfig are required for some newer applications,
> such as ImageMagick.
>
> I would like to request that the newer version of fontconfig please be
> added to the cygwin distribution package.
>
> If there is anything I can do to help to get this done please let me know.

The package is up for grabs by a new maintainer, as is ImageMagick and a
couple of other packages, see
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-10/msg00017.html

If you want to take a stab at becoming maintainer for orphaned packages
in the Cygwin distro, see http://cygwin.com/setup.html

Re: fontconfig package

Jan Nieuwenhuizen-2

Re: fontconfig package

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct 23 17:36, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > The package is up for grabs by a new maintainer
>
> I've built fontconfig-2.4.1, as we are building that anyway for other
> platforms.

Cool!  Thanks for taking over maintainership :)

> .  Btw, whhy is it in the X11 subdirectory, fontconfig has
> nothing to do with X11?

Historical reasons I assume.  It doesn't actually matter as long as the
directory has no influence on setup categorizing.  If you like I move
it out of X11.

Other than that, the package has two packaging bugs.  The paths are
stored in the tar file with leading "./", which confuses setup.exe.
Also, the executables in usr/bin don't have a .exe suffix.

!!! I just found that the new lilypond package has the "./" bug as well.
    I removed the package from cygwin.com for now.  Can you please
    provide new packages?  Thanks.

Re: fontconfig package

Jan Nieuwenhuizen-2
Corinna Vinschen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Historical reasons I assume.  It doesn't actually matter as long as the
> directory has no influence on setup categorizing.  If you like I move
> it out of X11.

Ok.  That's a `would be nice, I guess.b

> Other than that, the package has two packaging bugs.  The paths are
> stored in the tar file with leading "./", which confuses setup.exe.

> !!! I just found that the new lilypond package has the "./" bug as well.

And the guile packages I announced will have that too.  I'll have al look.

> Also, the executables in usr/bin don't have a .exe suffix.

Ok, thanks.  I'll fix that and do a couple of new announces.

Greetings,
Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: fontconfig package

d.henman
II found that it iwas just a legacy symbolic link and have had no
problems when I manually deleted it.

Darel Henman