fltk package status

shaiay
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right list, but here it goes:

Does anybody know who is the maintainer for the fltk package and if it
is going to be updates anytime soon? current package is 1.1.4, current
fltk version is 1.1.6, mainly bug fixes!

Shai

FAO Teun Burgers [was RE: fltk package status]

Dave Korn
Shai Ayal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right list, but here it goes:

  Yes, it absolutely is.  Maintainers don't like to be bothered at their
private email addresses; the list is the place to make contact.  You can try
and get their attention by pinging them in the subject line if you like, such
as I've done here.

> Does anybody know who is the maintainer for the fltk package

  The generic way to find the maintainer of any cygwin package is to read the
cygwin-specific documentation for that package in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.

> and if it
> is going to be updates anytime soon? current package is 1.1.4, current
> fltk version is 1.1.6, mainly bug fixes!

  At this point, we wait for Teun to respond.  (Once you've found who the
maintainer is, it's easy enough to take a look through the list archive and
see if they've been active recently, which should give you some idea of
whether to expect a reply or not, and whether the package is likely to be
updated or not.)

    cheers,
      DaveK

Re: fltk package status

a.rburgers@quicknet.nl
Shai Ayal wrote:

> Does anybody know who is the maintainer for the fltk package and if it
> is going to be updates anytime soon? current package is 1.1.4, current
> fltk version is 1.1.6, mainly bug fixes!

The fltk team is working towards 1.1.7. Cygwin and mingw patches have
been submitted, also by me. The current CVS versions works quite well
with both gcc and gcc -mno-cygwin and I recommend them.

The only problem that prevents a cygwin release is that programs linked
with shared fltk libraries hang, statically built programs work fine.
The 1.1.4 release was compiled with gcc 3.3.x and works fine with
shared fltk libraries.

This is probably caused (I have not tested this) by the problem related
to libstdc++ in the current gcc 3.4.4 that causes octave to hang as
well. See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2005-10/msg00071.html.

Teun