evince 3.26.0-1 can't open/display .eps files

evince 3.26.0-1 can't open/display .eps files

Cygwin list mailing list
Hello,
I use evince to view .eps and .ps files (usually plots of scientific
data). After my recent cygwin update, evince no longer is able to open
.eps or .ps files. I get the following error.

  **** Unable to open the initial device, quitting.
fatal internal error -100

 From a web search in Linux forums, this may be an issue with libspectre
that has been fixed in a recent version, but is not yet available in
cygwin. evince can open pdf files, so it is just eps and ps files that
give the error. gs can open the eps files.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers,
-Scott
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: evince 3.26.0-1 can't open/display .eps files

Cygwin list mailing list
On 1/3/2021 12:26 PM, Scott T. Marshall wrote:

> Hello,
> I use evince to view .eps and .ps files (usually plots of scientific
> data). After my recent cygwin update, evince no longer is able to open
> .eps or .ps files. I get the following error.
>
>  **** Unable to open the initial device, quitting.
> fatal internal error -100
>
> From a web search in Linux forums, this may be an issue with
> libspectre that has been fixed in a recent version, but is not yet
> available in cygwin. evince can open pdf files, so it is just eps and
> ps files that give the error. gs can open the eps files.
>
> Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
> Cheers,
> -Scott
The recent Cygwin distribution update to libspectre 0.2.9-1 has fixed
this issue.
Thanks!
-Scott