error running linker

While running an ant build cc task (cpptasks: Compile tasks for Apache
Ant - cc (sourceforge.net)
<http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/cpptasks/antdocs/CCTask.html>), when
it reached the Link step I received the following output:

Starting Link

                 1 [main] 5672 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn’t compute
FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

                 link: extra operand ‘/DLL’

I don’t know if the extra operand is the problem, I don’t supply it, it
is likely generated by the “outtype=’shared’” parameter of the cc task,
so I don’t have an easy means to experiment with changing that since I
need a shared library to be generated.

If you need any other info let me know.

Regards,

Rick Morgan
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: error running linker

Cygwin list mailing list

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: error running linker

Cygwin list mailing list
If this command is getting its parameter from a previous command, make
sure to sanitize the stderr that comes from Cygwin.  Normally, this
isn't a problem, but ant specifically included stderr and stdout
together when parsing a command.

https://github.com/java-native-access/jna/commit/2714a017c9fada761e3d175d1e03f1d3bccaa14f

This above example is using ant's "apply", but any ant executed output
can suffer from this problem where stderr is mixed with stdout.  It's
not a cygwin bug, but rather a nuance with ant that surfaces with
Cygwin.

- [hidden email]