erro

Cartões Bella Arte
C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>zip2john.exE -A

      0 [main] zip2john 10064 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
[hidden email]
zip2john: unknown option -- A

C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>john.exe --pot=018.pot
--wordlist=john/run/password.lst 018.hash

      0 [main] john 8972 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
point

er.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list [hidden email]

No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

Grato

Gian Carlos

Re: erro

john doe
On 10/22/2018 4:58 PM, Cartões Bella Arte wrote:

> C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>zip2john.exE -A
>
>       0 [main] zip2john 10064 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
> [hidden email]
> zip2john: unknown option -- A
>

> C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>john.exe --pot=018.pot
> --wordlist=john/run/password.lst 018.hash
>
>       0 [main] john 8972 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> point
>
> er.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list [hidden email]
>
> No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)

This is, if I'm not mistaking, the third e-mails in a little while with
to some extend the same error, verry strange.
But here we go again:

https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

HTH.

--
John Doe

Re: erro

marco atzeri-4
Am 22.10.2018 um 18:54 schrieb john doe:

> On 10/22/2018 4:58 PM, Cartões Bella Arte wrote:
>> C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>zip2john.exE -A
>>
>>        0 [main] zip2john 10064 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
>> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> zip2john: unknown option -- A
>>

>> C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>john.exe --pot=018.pot
>> --wordlist=john/run/password.lst 018.hash
>>
>>        0 [main] john 8972 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
>> point
>>
>> er.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list [hidden email]
>>
>> No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)
>>

> This is, if I'm not mistaking, the third e-mails in a little while with
> to some extend the same error, verry strange.
> But here we go again:
>
> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings
>
> HTH.

I bet the start of new semester at Universities

Adding original sender in copy as unlikely he is on cygwin mailing list

---

Re: erro

Lee-83
On 10/22/18, john doe  wrote:

> On 10/22/2018 4:58 PM, Cartões Bella Arte wrote:
>> C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>zip2john.exE -A
>>
>>       0 [main] zip2john 10064 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
>> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> zip2john: unknown option -- A
>>

>> C:\Users\gian.Bortoli\Desktop\john180j1w\run>john.exe --pot=018.pot
>> --wordlist=john/run/password.lst 018.hash
>>
>>       0 [main] john 8972 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
>> FAST_CWD
>> point
>>
>> er.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)
>>

> This is, if I'm not mistaking, the third e-mails in a little while with
> to some extend the same error, verry strange.
> But here we go again:
>
> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

Except that the faq is wrong in this case:
  The solution is simply downloading and running Cygwin Setup ...

The solution for programs that come bundled with cygwin1.dll (like jtr
here) is to replace the old cygwin1.dll that came with the program
with a current copy.

I have no idea if one can get just the current cygwin1.dll - if it is
possible it'd be nice to add a how2 to the faq

Lee

Re: erro

Andrey Repin
Greetings, Lee!

>> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

> Except that the faq is wrong in this case:
>   The solution is simply downloading and running Cygwin Setup ...

> The solution for programs that come bundled with cygwin1.dll (like jtr
> here) is to replace the old cygwin1.dll

Which is unlikely to succeed for such an old version.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

Re: erro

cyg Simple
On 10/23/2018 1:17 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:

> Greetings, Lee!
>
>>> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings
>
>> Except that the faq is wrong in this case:
>>   The solution is simply downloading and running Cygwin Setup ...
>
>> The solution for programs that come bundled with cygwin1.dll (like jtr
>> here) is to replace the old cygwin1.dll
>
> Which is unlikely to succeed for such an old version.
Andrey, it's been cygwin1.dll since Version 1.0 which indicates that
every version has been backward compatible API.  Replacing only
cygwin1.dll shouldn't be a problem.  The problem comes from if the
software dependent on cygwin1.dll also has changes required for newer
versions of Windows.

--
cyg Simple

Re: erro

Lee-83
On 10/23/18, Andrey Repin  wrote:

> Greetings, Lee!
>
>>> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings
>
>> Except that the faq is wrong in this case:
>>   The solution is simply downloading and running Cygwin Setup ...
>
>> The solution for programs that come bundled with cygwin1.dll (like jtr
>> here) is to replace the old cygwin1.dll
>
> Which is unlikely to succeed for such an old version.

Yup - looks like you're right.
I thought I remembered copying the current cygwin1.dll to my jtr
directory when moving to win10 about 1.5 yrs ago.  But the only
john-xxx.zip I can find in my backup that has just cygwin1.dll & no
other cygwin dlls doesn't work on win10

Sorry for the noise

Lee

Re: erro

Andrey Repin
Greetings, Lee!

> On 10/23/18, Andrey Repin  wrote:
>> Greetings, Lee!

>>> Except that the faq is wrong in this case:
>>>   The solution is simply downloading and running Cygwin Setup ...
>>
>>> The solution for programs that come bundled with cygwin1.dll (like jtr
>>> here) is to replace the old cygwin1.dll
>>
>> Which is unlikely to succeed for such an old version.

> Yup - looks like you're right.
> I thought I remembered copying the current cygwin1.dll to my jtr
> directory when moving to win10 about 1.5 yrs ago.

ABI has changed several times since then. Adding to that, rebasing may cause
its own load of issues.

> But the only john-xxx.zip I can find in my backup that has just cygwin1.dll
> & no other cygwin dlls doesn't work on win10

> Sorry for the noise

No problem, but please avoid undocumented "solutions", or at least clearly
label them as "personal experience, use at your own risk".

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...