This release comes with a couple of new features and quite a few
The most interesting changes:
- A revamp of the old FIFO code. It should now be possible to open
FIFOs multiple times for writing, something the old code failed on.
Courtesy Ken Brown.
- Support the new pseudo console in PTY. Pseudo console is a new feature
in Windows 10 1809, which provides console APIs on virtual terminal.
With this patch, native console applications can work in Cygwin PTYs.
Courtesy Takashi Yano.
There have been a couple more bug fixes, especially in the PTY code,
since cygwin-3.1.0-0.7. Please test!
- Add 24 bit color support using xterm compatibility mode in Windows 10
1703 or later. Add fake 24 bit color support for legacy console,
which uses the nearest color from 16 system colors.
- Support pseudo console in PTY. Pseudo console is a new feature
in Windows 10 1809, which provides console APIs on virtual
terminal. With this patch, native console applications can work
in PTYs such as mintty, ssh, gnu screen or tmux.
- New APIs: sched_getaffinity, sched_setaffinity, pthread_getaffinity_np,
pthread_setaffinity_np, plus CPU_SET macros.
- Fix select() on console in canonical mode. Return after one line is
completed, instead of when only one key is typed.
- Make console I/O functions thread-safe.
- Define missing MSG_EOR. It's unsupported by the underlying Winsock
layer so using it in send(2), sendto(2), or sendmsg(2) will return -1
with errno set to EOPNOTSUPP and recvmsg(2) will never return it.