can't pull cygwin-htdocs

Andrew Schulman
Scratching my head. This used to work. Now I get an inscrutable error message:

  $ git remote -v
  origin ssh://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-htdocs.git (fetch)
  origin ssh://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-htdocs.git (push)

  $ git fetch
  FATAL: R any git/cygwin-htdocs Andrew_Schulman DENIED by fallthru
  (or you mis-spelled the reponame)

  and the repository exists.

Huh? What am I doing wrong? ~/.ssh/config has:

  Host sourceware.org
  User cygwin

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: can't pull cygwin-htdocs

Jon TURNEY
On 28/06/2018 18:09, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> Scratching my head. This used to work. Now I get an inscrutable error message:
>
>    $ git remote -v
>    origin ssh://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-htdocs.git (fetch)
>    origin ssh://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-htdocs.git (push)
>
>    $ git fetch
>    FATAL: R any git/cygwin-htdocs Andrew_Schulman DENIED by fallthru
>    (or you mis-spelled the reponame)
>    fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>
>    Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>    and the repository exists.

Yeah, sorry, I've broken this.

For the moment, you'll need to pull anonymously (using git:// or
http://) URLs.

I'm not sure this used to work as a push URL (or should)? I believe you
have a sourceware shell account which should work for that?

Re: can't pull cygwin-htdocs

Andrew Schulman
> On 28/06/2018 18:09, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > Scratching my head. This used to work. Now I get an inscrutable error message:
> >
> >    $ git remote -v
> >    origin ssh://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-htdocs.git (fetch)
> >    origin ssh://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-htdocs.git (push)
> >
> >    $ git fetch
> >    FATAL: R any git/cygwin-htdocs Andrew_Schulman DENIED by fallthru
> >    (or you mis-spelled the reponame)
> >    fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
> >
> >    Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> >    and the repository exists.
>
> Yeah, sorry, I've broken this.
>
> For the moment, you'll need to pull anonymously (using git:// or
> http://) URLs.
>
> I'm not sure this used to work as a push URL (or should)? I believe you
> have a sourceware shell account which should work for that?

OK, no problem. Yes, it used to work for push too. If I have a sourceware shell
account, I'm not aware of it. Could you send me the details offline?

Thanks,
Andrew