beta setu.exe

Carl Karsten
 > Re: RFC: [ITP] Installation Profiles packages
 > Its done.

What is the process for releasing beta versions of setup.exe?

If someone will post a URL, I'll be happy to run it on a test box.

^Carl K

Re: beta setup.exe (Attn: setup maintainer)

Igor Peshansky
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Carl Karsten wrote:

> > Re: RFC: [ITP] Installation Profiles packages
> > Its done.
>
> What is the process for releasing beta versions of setup.exe?
>
> If someone will post a URL, I'll be happy to run it on a test box.

When the patch is officially accepted into CVS, a new setup snapshot
should (theoretically) be generated, at which point you'll find it at
<http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/>.  We've been lax in doing this for
the last few significant functionality improvements (Brian, can we please
get a setup snapshot?).  Until then, feel free to do what I've been doing:
compile setup yourself, and provide a snapshot on the web.
HTH,
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!