Would anyone adopt subversion?

David Rothenberger
Is anyone willing to adopt Subversion?

Since I started maintaining it, my organization has switched to git, so I no longer use it. While I can still build it, it is not easy and taxes my 20 year old C/C++ skills. I would feel a lot more comfortable if someone that uses subversion or at least is more proficient at C and C++ were to take it over.

Regards,
David

David Rothenberger  ----  [hidden email]

Re: Would anyone adopt subversion?

Jon TURNEY
On 18/11/2019 23:24, David Rothenberger wrote:
> Is anyone willing to adopt Subversion?
>
> Since I started maintaining it, my organization has switched to git,
> so I no longer use it. While I can still build it, it is not easy and
> taxes my 20 year old C/C++ skills. I would feel a lot more
> comfortable if someone that uses subversion or at least is more
> proficient at C and C++ were to take it over.

Now that the thundering herd of volunteers has died down (irony), can
you clarify which packages are up for adoption?

I'm guessing at least libapr1, libaprutil1, serf, subversion, svn_load_dirs?

I'll move these to orphaned status (this doesn't remove your ability to
upload, if you should be so minded, until a new maintainer is added)

Please accept this literally priceless gold star in acknowledgment of
your efforts in maintaining subversion for the past 12 (!) years.

Thanks for maintaining this package.

On 1/20/2020 8:10 AM, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 18/11/2019 23:24, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> Is anyone willing to adopt Subversion?
> Now that the thundering herd of volunteers has died down (irony), can
> you clarify which packages are up for adoption?
>
> I'm guessing at least libapr1, libaprutil1, serf, subversion,
> svn_load_dirs?

subversion, svn_load_dirs, serf, and scons. The latter is the build
system for serf and is written in Python. I've hacked in support for
Cygwin, but I'm not a Python programmer.

> I'll move these to orphaned status (this doesn't remove your ability to
> upload, if you should be so minded, until a new maintainer is added)

Thanks. I was able to build the latest Subversion, so I will handle the
Perl migration for that as well. I'll also upload a new version of
libapr1 and possibly libaprutil1 shortly.

--
David Rothenberger  ----  [hidden email]

"You stay here, Audrey -- this is between me and the vegetable!"
                -- Seymour, from _Little Shop Of Horrors_

Re: Would anyone adopt subversion?

cygwin-apps mailing list
> On 18/11/2019 23:24, David Rothenberger wrote:
> > Is anyone willing to adopt Subversion?
>
> Please accept this literally priceless gold star in acknowledgment of
> your efforts in maintaining subversion for the past 12 (!) years.
>
> Thanks for maintaining this package.

Gold star awarded! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/#DR

Plus, a gold star each for Jon and Marco, for their stealth adoptions of
the xclip and aspell packages. I actually had to modify the Perl script
that generates the gold star page, to cover the case where there is NO web
URL for an award, because the maintainer never announced it.

Andrew