Withdrawing from the project

Christopher Faylor-8
In the last several months I've told various key players in the Cygwin
project that I was thinking about withdrawing from the project.  Today
is the day that this becomes official.

I was hoping that my final act for Cygwin would be to get it imported
into git but it looks like that will be handled by someone else so
that is no longer a gating factor.

I'll be unsubscribing from all cygwin mailing lists right after sending
this.  I'll likely continue to use Cygwin but just as a user.

If anyone is interested, I'm planning on redirecting my time by getting
involved in the Android development community.

Felly hir, a diolch am yr holl bysgod.

Re: Withdrawing from the project

David Eisner-2
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Felly hir, a diolch am yr holl bysgod

And: So long and thanks for all the Cygwin. Seriously. Good luck in your future.

-David

Re: Withdrawing from the project

L A Walsh
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'll be unsubscribing from all cygwin mailing lists right after sending
> this.  I'll likely continue to use Cygwin but just as a user.

----
    Dang... you probably won't see all the goodbyes...
But in case... best wishes in your new endeavor.
Your efforts here were very much appreciated.

Linda Walsh

[GOLDSTAR] no [GOLDWATCH] Re: Withdrawing from the project

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jul 31 23:49, Linda Walsh wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >I'll be unsubscribing from all cygwin mailing lists right after sending
> >this.  I'll likely continue to use Cygwin but just as a user.
> ----
>    Dang... you probably won't see all the goodbyes...
> But in case... best wishes in your new endeavor. Your efforts here were very
> much appreciated.

I concur.  It wasn't an easy decision for sure.

Andrew, for cgf's life work on Cygwin, can you please polish one of the
gold watches from deep down our project vaults?  We never gave away one
of them, but if anybody deserves one of them, it's certainly cgf.

Thanks, Chris, for everything you did for the project,

Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com

Re: [GOLDSTAR] no [GOLDWATCH] Re: Withdrawing from the project

Andrew Schulman

Gold watch *and* a gold star awarded.  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CGF

On Aug  1 08:42, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> > > ----
> > >    Dang... you probably won't see all the goodbyes...
> > > But in case... best wishes in your new endeavor. Your efforts here were very
> > > much appreciated.
> >
> > I concur.  It wasn't an easy decision for sure.
> >
> > Andrew, for cgf's life work on Cygwin, can you please polish one of the
> > gold watches from deep down our project vaults?  We never gave away one
> > of them, but if anybody deserves one of them, it's certainly cgf.
>
> Gold watch *and* a gold star awarded.  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CGF
Thanks!  I just noticed we already gave away gold watches twice.
Do we have platinum watches, maybe?

Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com

Re: Withdrawing from the project

Andrew DeFaria-2
On 7/31/2014 11:49 PM, Linda Walsh wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I'll be unsubscribing from all cygwin mailing lists right after sending
>> this.  I'll likely continue to use Cygwin but just as a user.
> ----
>     Dang... you probably won't see all the goodbyes...
> But in case... best wishes in your new endeavor. Your efforts here were
> very much appreciated.
>
> Linda Walsh

Indeed! Thanks for all your hard work and patience. I just wished that I
could have persuaded you and Corinna to get on the FLOSS weekly podcast...
--
Andrew DeFaria
http://defaria.com

Re: [GOLDSTAR] no [GOLDWATCH] Re: Withdrawing from the project

Andrew Schulman

> > > I concur.  It wasn't an easy decision for sure.
> > >
> > > Andrew, for cgf's life work on Cygwin, can you please polish one of the
> > > gold watches from deep down our project vaults?  We never gave away one
> > > of them, but if anybody deserves one of them, it's certainly cgf.
> >
> > Gold watch *and* a gold star awarded.  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CGF
>
> Thanks!  I just noticed we already gave away gold watches twice.
> Do we have platinum watches, maybe?

<roots around in the vault> Got it!

On Aug  1 14:58, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> > > Gold watch *and* a gold star awarded.  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CGF
> >
> > Thanks!  I just noticed we already gave away gold watches twice.
> > Do we have platinum watches, maybe?
>
> <roots around in the vault> Got it!
Boy, our vault is certainly a treasure trove.  We should move it
to Switzerland :)

Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com

RE: Withdrawing from the project

Brian S. Wilson
Thank you for your great service on this project Chris.  Your contributions
will be missed.  I wish you great fortune in your new endevors.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Sincerely,
Brian S. Wilson
Software Configuration Manager
š: [hidden email]