Virtual Windows folders - make them visible?

Virtual Windows folders - make them visible?

Thomas Wolff
Following up to a recent request about Windows/Sysnative,
I'd like to suggest to make Windows virtual folders visible in the
cygwin file system (if possible without continuous performance penalty...).
Thomas
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: Virtual Windows folders - make them visible?

Andrey Repin
Greetings, Thomas Wolff!

> Following up to a recent request about Windows/Sysnative,
> I'd like to suggest to make Windows virtual folders visible in the
> cygwin file system (if possible without continuous performance penalty...).

There's one too many virtual folders, starting from %SystemRoot%\Sysnative and
onward to control panel and other less-than-filesystem directories.

Which of these you had in mind specifically?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: Virtual Windows folders - make them visible?

Cygwin list mailing list
One query. I can do `cd /c/Windows/Sysnative` in x86 cygwin. What's
the point of having a virtual folder?