Using Setup installer to install just a few packages

Using Setup installer to install just a few packages

List Recv
Is it possible to use the Setup installer to just install one specific
package, wihtout having to go through an update option for all of
cygwin?

If not, what is the best way to add just one new package.

(Please CC me on all responses, thanks.)

Re: Using Setup installer to install just a few packages

Igor Peshansky
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Lst Recv wrote:

> Is it possible to use the Setup installer to just install one specific
> package, wihtout having to go through an update option for all of
> cygwin?

Yes.  Use the "Keep" radio button at the top of the chooser page.  Then
switch to the "Not Installed" view, find your package, and select it for
installation.  Switch to the "Partial" view to see exactly what will be
installed.  Be aware that the package you'll be installing may depend on
the features found in the newer versions of existing packages, in which
case you'd have to upgrade those.

> If not, what is the best way to add just one new package.

Also, don't forget the dependencies -- adding "just one" package may pull
in others that that one package depends on.
HTH,
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_    [hidden email] | [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"