Use of Win32 API in harfbuzz

Ken Brown-6
Yaakov,

A recent commit in upstream harfbuzz (ce17340) used the Win32 API on
Cygwin.  I was about to send a patch upstream to fix this, but I thought
I should first check for such uses in the current Cygwin release
(1.7.6-1).  The attached patch removes the ones I found.

Am I right in removing all of these, or should some be kept?  I wasn't
sure about the calls to setmode(), for example.

And is it OK with you for me to send Cygwin patches upstream, or would
you rather be the one communicating with them?

Ken

harfbuzz-1.7.6-1.src.patch (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Use of Win32 API in harfbuzz

Ken Brown-6
On 7/12/2018 12:24 PM, Ken Brown wrote:

> Yaakov,
>
> A recent commit in upstream harfbuzz (ce17340) used the Win32 API on Cygwin.  I
> was about to send a patch upstream to fix this, but I thought I should first
> check for such uses in the current Cygwin release (1.7.6-1).  The attached patch
> removes the ones I found.
>
> Am I right in removing all of these, or should some be kept?  I wasn't sure
> about the calls to setmode(), for example.
>
> And is it OK with you for me to send Cygwin patches upstream, or would you
> rather be the one communicating with them?

I never got a reply, so I went ahead and sent an updated version of the patch
upstream:

   https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/pull/1380

Yaakov, please comment there if you have a chance to take a look.

Ken