The following packages have been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* wget 1.21
GNU Wget is a file retrieval utility which can use the HTTP, HTTPS, or
FTP protocols. Wget features include the ability to work in the
background while you're logged out, recursive retrieval of directories,
file name wildcard matching, remote file timestamp storage and
comparison, use of Rest with FTP servers and Range with HTTP servers to
retrieve files over slow or unstable connections, support for Proxy
servers, and configurability.
For more information, please see the project home page:
This is a small release with some bug fixes and a few quality of life
improvements, with a Cygwin re-addition to the Web category.
This will be the last release of wget, unless more high priority
security patches are required. Future development will be against the
successor project wget2.
For more details, please see the release notice or below:
* Fix buffer overflows in progress bar code in some locales
* Fix two null pointer accesses
* Post Handshake Authentication for OpenSSL
* Remove all uses of alloca
In some places the length of untrusted strings has been used, e.g.
strings from the command line or from remote.
* Amend cookie file header to be recognized by the 'file' command
* Improve the number of translated strings
* Require gettext version 0.19.3+
* Add configure flags --enable-fsanitize-ubsan, --enable-fsanitize-asan
and --enable-fsanitize-msan for gcc and clang
* Make several smaller fixes, enhance fuzzing, enhance building