Updated: neomutt-2019-10-25-1

Federico Kircheis
Version 2019-10-25-1 of neomutt has been uploaded.

The command line mail reader neomutt reached version 2019-10-25.

This release contains a lot of changes, both internal as external.

Also the cygwin port is now compiled with more externals/optional
libraries (adding support for more protocols/configurations), and
switched from `-ssl` to `-gnutls` like some GNU/Linux distributions.

On GitHub it is possible to find the complete changelog for the new release:
https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/releases

Federico

Re: Updated: neomutt-2019-10-25-1

ASSI
Federico Kircheis writes:
> Version 2019-10-25-1 of neomutt has been uploaded.

It hasn't, because that version number is not formatted correctly.  Lose
the extra dashes and try again, please.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

On October 25, 2019 6:55:16 PM UTC, Achim Gratz <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Federico Kircheis writes:
>> Version 2019-10-25-1 of neomutt has been uploaded.
>
>It hasn't, because that version number is not formatted correctly.
>Lose
>the extra dashes and try again, please.
>

>Regards,
>Achim.

Oh, sorry, my fault

I did not see the mails with the warnings :-/

The new neomutt version uses this version number, how do I lose the extra dashes?
Rename the tar package after the download? Remove them from the build folder before the upload?
Are there some reccomended practices?
Or does cygport provide some functionality out of the box?

I could not find much with a search, but I also do not know what exactly to search for.

Federico

Federico Kircheis writes:
> The new neomutt version uses this version number, how do I lose the
> extra dashes?

The files are named like the tag in Git and they changed that format
with the last release it seems.

> Rename the tar package after the download? Remove them from the build folder before the upload?
> Are there some reccomended practices?

Something along these lines should do it:

TAG="2019-10-25"
SRC_URI="
  https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/archive/${TAG}.tar.gz#/${P}.tar.gz
  https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/archive/${TAG}tar.gz.sig#/${P}.tar.gz.sig
  "
SRC_DIR="neomutt-${TAG}"

Another way would probably be to have ORIG_PN and NAME set differently,
but I haven't used that yet.

Also, you should send the announcement to the announcement mailing list,
not cygwin-apps.

Re: Updated: neomutt-2019-10-25-1

Federico Kircheis
>> The new neomutt version uses this version number, how do I lose the
>> extra dashes?
>
> The files are named like the tag in Git and they changed that format
> with the last release it seems.
>
>> Rename the tar package after the download? Remove them from the build folder before the upload?
>> Are there some reccomended practices?
>
> Something along these lines should do it:

> TAG="2019-10-25"
> SRC_URI="
>    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/archive/${TAG}.tar.gz#/${P}.tar.gz
>    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/archive/${TAG}tar.gz.sig#/${P}.tar.gz.sig
>    "
> SRC_DIR="neomutt-${TAG}"
>
> Another way would probably be to have ORIG_PN and NAME set differently,
> but I haven't used that yet.

Ok, thank you for the hints

> Also, you should send the announcement to the announcement mailing list,
> not cygwin-apps.

Oops, again, my fault.

> Regards,
> Achim.