Sub-package with examples extracted from a source tarball's directory.

Sub-package with examples extracted from a source tarball's directory.

Heavenly Avenger
Say, if I wanted to create an "-examples" package (of well, libssh2),
but it didn't install the example files to any directory through "make
install".

Do I have to patch makefile so that "make install" places these files
somewhere, like /usr/docs/libssh2/examples?

Or maybe, can I specify a directory straight from the sources and "map
it" to some usr/shared place for that library, and name the package
after examples?

In the case, libssh2 builds its 'libssh2-1.8.0/examples/*.c' files and
also bootstraps an 'examples/libssh2_config.h' while compiling, and due
to the trouble to get this header file, it would be rather useful to
have this 'libssh2-1.8.0-examples' package, for instance, with the
libssh2_config.h generated at package's build-time.

Or is it better to leave this off as it does not follow any install
procedure, and cygwin might not really have a good location to place
package-level library usage examples?

Just wondering... Probaly too much trouble. :)

Re: Sub-package with examples extracted from a source tarball's directory.

marco atzeri-4
Am 02.12.2018 um 01:12 schrieb Heavenly Avenger:
> Say, if I wanted to create an "-examples" package (of well, libssh2),
> but it didn't install the example files to any directory through "make
> install".
>
> Do I have to patch makefile so that "make install" places these files
> somewhere, like /usr/docs/libssh2/examples?

copy the file in the installation directory with dodoc
after the cyginstall

https://cygwinports.github.io/cygport/src_install_cygpart.html#robo144

something like

src_install() {
         cyginstall
         insinto /usr/share/doc/${PN}/example
         doins ${S}/file...
}

> Just wondering... Probaly too much trouble. :)

---