Runas command in cygwin

jeffwang
Hello,

I tried to use "runas" command in cygwin to run a program as another user. It failed and didn't wait me to type  the password.

Any help?

Thanks

Re: Runas command in cygwin

Andrey Repin
Greetings, jeffwang!

> I tried to use "runas" command in cygwin to run a program as another user.
> It failed and didn't wait me to type  the password.

> Any help?

Any more details?... My crystal ball is in service.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin ([hidden email]) 21.09.2013, <18:33>

Sorry for my terrible english...

Re: Runas command in cygwin

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 05:56:26AM -0700, jeffwang wrote:
>I tried to use "runas" command in cygwin to run a program as another
>user.  It failed and didn't wait me to type the password.
>
>Any help?

runas is likely a native windows program which doesn't understand
Cygwin's ptys as used by mintty.