Requesting a new version of GNU ddrescue

Requesting a new version of GNU ddrescue

cygwin-apps mailing list
Hello,

I would like to request that GNU ddrescue 1.25 be packages for Cygwin. I
would be happy to produce this package if that would be appropriate -
I'd like to start with a simpler package before moving on to wxwidgets
and wxpython.

Hamish

0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Requesting a new version of GNU ddrescue

cygwin-apps mailing list
So, I went ahead and made a package, and it's available at
https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/.

Does anyone mind checking for me that I've done this right, just so I
can get the technique down before I try to package anything complicated?

Hamish

On 25/03/2020 11:53, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to request that GNU ddrescue 1.25 be packages for Cygwin. I
> would be happy to produce this package if that would be appropriate -
> I'd like to start with a simpler package before moving on to wxwidgets
> and wxpython.
>
> Hamish

0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Requesting a new version of GNU ddrescue

Jon TURNEY
On 27/03/2020 14:05, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> So, I went ahead and made a package, and it's available at
> https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/.
>
> Does anyone mind checking for me that I've done this right, just so I
> can get the technique down before I try to package anything complicated?

Thanks. That package appears to be built correctly.

The maintainer of record for ddrescue is Christian Franke, who still
appears to be active.

Christian?

Re: Requesting a new version of GNU ddrescue

Christian Franke
Jon Turney wrote:

> On 27/03/2020 14:05, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> So, I went ahead and made a package, and it's available at
>> https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/.
>>
>> Does anyone mind checking for me that I've done this right, just so I
>> can get the technique down before I try to package anything complicated?
>
> Thanks. That package appears to be built correctly.
>
> The maintainer of record for ddrescue is Christian Franke, who still
> appears to be active.

ddrescue 1.25 is already on my TODO list. I will release it soon after
some more testing.

Regards,
Christian