Removing a faulty package?

Andy Li
I made a mistake when updating libgc.
The new version bumped the so version so it now ships cyggc-2.dll instead
of cyggc-1.dll, but I didn't rename the libgc1 package to libgc2.
Is there a way to take down the new version (7.6.2)?

Sorry for the trouble.

Best regards,
Andy

Re: Removing a faulty package?

Jon TURNEY

https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html#deleting should work.

Re: Removing a faulty package?

Andy Li
On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:43 AM, Jon Turney <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html#deleting should work.

Indeed, thanks!

Another question: Is there a way to list all the packages that depends on a
dll?
Currently the libgc1 package contains 3 dll
files: cyggc-1.dll, cyggccpp-1.dll, and cygcord-1.dll.
The new libgc (7.6.2) bumped gc to cyggc-2.dll, while the other 2 remain at
so version 1.
My plan is to split the current (7.6.0) libgc1 into 3 packages, one for
each dll file, and let the downstream packages rebuild and depend on the
right packages before I upload a new version.
So, I would like to ping the related package maintainers to do so.

Best regards,
Andy

On 15/01/2018 18:37, Andy Li wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:43 AM, Jon Turney wrote:
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html#deleting should work.
>
> Indeed, thanks!
>
> Another question: Is there a way to list all the packages that depends on a
> dll?
> Currently the libgc1 package contains 3 dll
> files: cyggc-1.dll, cyggccpp-1.dll, and cygcord-1.dll.
> The new libgc (7.6.2) bumped gc to cyggc-2.dll, while the other 2 remain at
> so version 1.
> My plan is to split the current (7.6.0) libgc1 into 3 packages, one for
> each dll file, and let the downstream packages rebuild and depend on the
> right packages before I upload a new version.
> So, I would like to ping the related package maintainers to do so.

Kind of.  Once can do:

$ cygcheck-dep -S -n libgc1
  libgc1: is needed for ( inkscape libgc libgc-devel libguile2.0_22
libneko2 w3m )

but that doesn't tell you which DLL(s) in lbgc1 are depended on.

Re: Removing a faulty package?

Yaakov Selkowitz
On 2018-01-15 12:37, Andy Li wrote:
> Currently the libgc1 package contains 3 dll
> files: cyggc-1.dll, cyggccpp-1.dll, and cygcord-1.dll.
> The new libgc (7.6.2) bumped gc to cyggc-2.dll, while the other 2 remain at
> so version 1.
> My plan is to split the current (7.6.0) libgc1 into 3 packages, one for
> each dll file, and let the downstream packages rebuild and depend on the
> right packages before I upload a new version.
> So, I would like to ping the related package maintainers to do so.

No need; only cyggc-1.dll is actually used.