Re: ezmlm warning

Chris Wagner
Maintainers, I have been getting numerous bounce warnings and spam holds
on mail sent to me by the list.  The spam holds are due to protocol
violations.  This ezmlm warning is because of: 550 Messages should have
one or no Sender headers, not 2.

If the list software could be made more compliant or I could be informed
about some loosened setting on my spam panel.

Thanks.

On 2019-05-06 2:22 pm, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
> bounced from your address.
>
> Copies of these messages may be in the archive.
> To retrieve a set of messages 123-145 (a maximum of 100 per request),
> send an empty message to:
>    <[hidden email]>
>
> To receive a subject and author list for the last 100 or so messages,
> send an empty message to:
>    <[hidden email]>
>
> Here are the message numbers:
>
>    216505
>    216503
>    216515
>    216521
>    216525
>    216526
>    216529
>    216533
>    216540
>    216556
>    216557
>    216558
>    216559
>    216560
>    216561
>    216563
>    216564
>    216562
>    216571
>    216574
>    216575
>    216583
>    216579
>    216585
>    216586
>    216580
>    216587
>    216588
>    216590
>    216582
>    216584
>    216591
>    216589
>    216581
>    216594
>    216595
>    216598
>    216599
>    216601
>    216602
>    216600
>    216603
>    216604
>    216614
>    216623
>    216616
>    216615
>    216618
>    216619
>    216620
>    216621
>    216622
>
> --- Enclosed is a copy of the bounce message I received.

> Date: 24 Apr 2019 18:35:31 -0000
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: failure notice
>
> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> addresses.
>
> <[hidden email]>:
> User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
> <[hidden email]> 69.64.57.52 failed after I sent the message.
> Remote host said: 550 Messages should have one or no Sender headers,

Re: ezmlm warning

Brian Inglis
On 2019-05-06 13:04, Chris Wagner wrote:
> Maintainers, I have been getting numerous bounce warnings and spam holds on mail
> sent to me by the list.  The spam holds are due to protocol violations.  This
> ezmlm warning is because of: 550 Messages should have one or no Sender headers,
> not 2.
>
> If the list software could be made more compliant or I could be informed about
> some loosened setting on my spam panel.

Contact Sourceware Support <[hidden email]> [CCed] about services

Re: ezmlm warning (fixed)

The duplicate Sender header was mainly coming from announce-list
resends.  It was helpfully added by perl's Mail::Internet package.

The mailing list software has been modified to delete incoming Sender
header fields when it sees them which should result only one Sender:
header in mail to the list.