Re: Using newer autoconf in src/winsup directory

Re: Using newer autoconf in src/winsup directory

Danny Smith
RE: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2006-q2/msg00051.html

I am not subscribed to cygwin-patches so I'm posting here.  Forgive me
if I've transgressed boundares, but I've always considered mingw as a
cygwin-dependent app.

Applying the above patch, running aclocal and then autoconf-2.5x, then
./configure ---host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 works for mingw and w32api
subdirs from a cygwin bash shell.

I haven't tried with msys tools since I don't have them.

Danny

Re: Using newer autoconf in src/winsup directory

Christopher Faylor-2
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 07:45:32PM +1200, Danny Smith wrote:

>RE: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2006-q2/msg00051.html
>
>I am not subscribed to cygwin-patches so I'm posting here.  Forgive me
>if I've transgressed boundares, but I've always considered mingw as a
>cygwin-dependent app.
>
>Applying the above patch, running aclocal and then autoconf-2.5x, then
>./configure ---host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 works for mingw and w32api
>subdirs from a cygwin bash shell.
>
>I haven't tried with msys tools since I don't have them.

Didn't you notice some problems with AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR being set
incorrectly, Danny?

I found this and a few problems with the patch, where Cygwin is
concerned.  I'm testing some changes now and hope to have something
checked in soon.

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 10:51:59AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 07:45:32PM +1200, Danny Smith wrote:
>>RE: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2006-q2/msg00051.html
>>
>>I am not subscribed to cygwin-patches so I'm posting here.  Forgive me
>>if I've transgressed boundares, but I've always considered mingw as a
>>cygwin-dependent app.
>>
>>Applying the above patch, running aclocal and then autoconf-2.5x, then
>>./configure ---host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 works for mingw and w32api
>>subdirs from a cygwin bash shell.
>>
>>I haven't tried with msys tools since I don't have them.
>
>Didn't you notice some problems with AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR being set
>incorrectly, Danny?
>
>I found this and a few problems with the patch, where Cygwin is
>concerned.  I'm testing some changes now and hope to have something
>checked in soon.

Apologies for the noise.  I didn't notice that I was sending email to
cygwin-apps.

I'll move this discussion back to cygwin-patches.

cgf