Re: KSH Mode in CYGWIN & CPU-Usage

S.Sunil Kumar
Hi Igor,

Before I had only DOS-Window for CYGWIN.
Now I have XTERM also.

But XTERM only works If I START the X-SERVER.

Whether it is DOS/XTERM Mode CPU Goes up more that
90%.

Its scary...

If possible can you tell me about in which Lcation I
should run "cygcheck -svr" script and what will will
be the format of the command ?

Regards

Sunil

Re: KSH Mode in CYGWIN & CPU-Usage

Igor Peshansky
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, S.Sunil Kumar wrote:

> Before I had only DOS-Window for CYGWIN.
> Now I have XTERM also.
>
> But XTERM only works If I START the X-SERVER.

You could try rxvt too -- it doesn't need an X server.

> Whether it is DOS/XTERM Mode CPU Goes up more that
> 90%.

Does the Task Manager show that it's the ksh process that's taking up the
CPU?

> Its scary...

Calm down. :-)

> If possible can you tell me about in which Lcation I
> should run "cygcheck -svr" script and what will will
> be the format of the command ?

See

> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html

All the relevant instructions are in there.
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!