Re: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

Brian Dessent
"TSG Software Licensing (GE Infra, Aviation)" wrote:

> GE Aviation is in the process of reviewing your software product,
> Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15

Cygwin drinking game participants, meet The Widowmaker(tm).  Please
refer to the following list of symptoms to determine if you might be
suffering from acute alcohol poisoning:

* stupor
* seizure
* hypothermia
* cold, clammy, pale, or bluish skin
* unconsciousness
* coma
* death
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

Gary R. Van Sickle
> From: Brian Dessent
>
> "TSG Software Licensing (GE Infra, Aviation)" wrote:
>
> > GE Aviation is in the process of reviewing your software product,
> > Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15
>
> Cygwin drinking game participants, meet The Widowmaker(tm).  
> Please refer to the following list of symptoms to determine
> if you might be suffering from acute alcohol poisoning:
>
> * stupor

Check.

> * seizure

Check.

> * hypothermia

Check.

> * cold, clammy, pale, or bluish skin

Check.

> * unconsciousness

Check.

> * coma

Check.

> * death

Ch...

--
Gary R. Van Sickle

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

Dave Korn
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote on 23 August 2008 08:03:

>> * death
>
> Ch...

  ;) Not bad, but you omitted the obligatory
many-repeats-of-a-single-key-from-a-face-pressed-on-the-keyboard followed by
line noise and "NO CARRIER".

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

Bugzilla from mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Dave Korn wrote:
> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote on 23 August 2008 08:03:
>
>>> * death
>> Ch...
>
>   ;) Not bad, but you omitted the obligatory
> many-repeats-of-a-single-key-from-a-face-pressed-on-the-keyboard followed by
> line noise and "NO CARRIER".

Actually, I would have thought that the face-pressed-on-keyboard stuff
would start at "unconsciousness". Not sure how he managed a "check" for
that one ;-).

--
Matthew
Person A: It's an ISO standard.
Person B: ...And that means what?
   --mal (http://theangryadmin.blogspot.com/2008/04/future.html)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

Bugzilla from mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
In reply to this post by Brian Dessent
Brian Dessent wrote:
> "TSG Software Licensing (GE Infra, Aviation)" wrote:
>
>> GE Aviation is in the process of reviewing your software product,
>> Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15
>
> Cygwin drinking game participants, meet The Widowmaker(tm). [snip]

Hmm, I didn't realize it was *that* bad. Don't suppose anyone's compiled
the list of which rules they tripped? (Solely for my convenience
determining just how much I "need" to imbibe, of course :-). Er...
especially since it doesn't match *any* of the rules I have, that I can
see. Maybe we need to add some?)

--
Matthew
Person A: It's an ISO standard.
Person B: ...And that means what?
   --mal (http://theangryadmin.blogspot.com/2008/04/future.html)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

Gary R. Van Sickle
In reply to this post by Dave Korn
>
> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote on 23 August 2008 08:03:
>
> >> * death
> >
> > Ch...
>
>   ;) Not bad, but you omitted the obligatory
> many-repeats-of-a-single-key-from-a-face-pressed-on-the-keyboa
> rd followed by line noise and "NO CARRIER".

Gah!  -10 nerd points for me!

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

Gary R. Van Sickle
In reply to this post by Bugzilla from mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net

> Dave Korn wrote:
> > Gary R. Van Sickle wrote on 23 August 2008 08:03:
> >
> >>> * death
> >> Ch...
> >
> >   ;) Not bad, but you omitted the obligatory
> > many-repeats-of-a-single-key-from-a-face-pressed-on-the-keyboard
> > followed by line noise and "NO CARRIER".
>
> Actually, I would have thought that the
> face-pressed-on-keyboard stuff would start at
> "unconsciousness". Not sure how he managed a "check" for that one ;-).
>

Years of practice.

;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle