[RFU] lftp 3.5.1

Andrew Schulman-3
I'd like to take over maintainership of the lftp package.  It's
currently unmaintained.  I've packaged version 3.5.1, the latest
release.  Since this isn't a new package for Cygwin I don't think an ITP
is needed, but please review the package files.  If they're found to be
suitable, please upload them.

The package layout is about the same as in the old version; there are
some new files, but no new directories.  I've kept the postinstall
script from the old version.  That script is fancier than just plain old

[ -f /etc/lftp.conf ] || cp /etc/defaults/etc/lftp.conf /etc

but that's in fact what it does in an automated installation (e.g.
setup.exe).  In an interactive installation, it will prompt the user to
decide whether to replace an existing config file.  Maybe not too
useful, but no harm done either.

Thanks,
Andrew.

wget \
  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/setup.hint \
  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/lftp-3.5.1-1.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/lftp-3.5.1-1-src.tar.bz2

Re: [RFU] lftp 3.5.1

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jul 25 04:18, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'd like to take over maintainership of the lftp package.  It's
> currently unmaintained.  I've packaged version 3.5.1, the latest
> release.  Since this isn't a new package for Cygwin I don't think an ITP
> is needed, but please review the package files.  If they're found to be
> suitable, please upload them.
>
> The package layout is about the same as in the old version; there are
> some new files, but no new directories.  I've kept the postinstall
> script from the old version.  That script is fancier than just plain old
>
> [ -f /etc/lftp.conf ] || cp /etc/defaults/etc/lftp.conf /etc
>
> but that's in fact what it does in an automated installation (e.g.
> setup.exe).  In an interactive installation, it will prompt the user to
> decide whether to replace an existing config file.  Maybe not too
> useful, but no harm done either.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew.
>
> wget \
>   http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/setup.hint \
>   http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/lftp-3.5.1-1.tar.bz2 \
>   http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/lftp-3.5.1-1-src.tar.bz2

Cool, thank you.  I've uploaded the above files.  You're now the official
lftp maintainer :-)

Time to polish up another gold star.  Igor?

Re: [RFU] lftp 3.5.1

Igor Peshansky
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Jul 25 04:18, [hidden email] wrote:

Ahem.

> > I'd like to take over maintainership of the lftp package.  It's
> > currently unmaintained.  I've packaged version 3.5.1, the latest
> > release.  Since this isn't a new package for Cygwin I don't think an ITP
> > is needed, but please review the package files.  If they're found to be
> > suitable, please upload them.
> >
> > The package layout is about the same as in the old version; there are
> > some new files, but no new directories.  I've kept the postinstall
> > script from the old version.  That script is fancier than just plain old
> >
> > [ -f /etc/lftp.conf ] || cp /etc/defaults/etc/lftp.conf /etc
> >
> > but that's in fact what it does in an automated installation (e.g.
> > setup.exe).  In an interactive installation, it will prompt the user to
> > decide whether to replace an existing config file.  Maybe not too
> > useful, but no harm done either.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrew.
> >
> > wget \
> >   http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/setup.hint \
> >   http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/lftp-3.5.1-1.tar.bz2 \
> >   http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/lftp/lftp-3.5.1-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> Cool, thank you.  I've uploaded the above files.  You're now the official
> lftp maintainer :-)
>
> Time to polish up another gold star.  Igor?

I'm running out of polish here.  Time to order a new batch. :-)
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_    [hidden email] | [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"

Re: [RFU] lftp 3.5.1

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jul 25 09:00, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > On Jul 25 04:18, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Ahem.

Sorry.

Corinna

*mumbling something about mutt using the email address if the
 user's full name is not given in the "From:" header.