RE: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

RE: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

Gary R. Van Sickle
[Taking this to the appropriate list]

> From:  Christopher Faylor
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 11:42:25AM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >> From: Christopher Faylor

> >> helps id
> >>
> >> How to Win Friends and Influence People...
> >
> >Please take such Cygwin-content-free snarking to the
> appropriate list
> >please.
>
> Please stop acting as if you have any say whatsoever in
> mailing list administration.

I am acting in no such manner.  I merely made a simple request.  And said
please.  Twice.

>  Your understanding of these
> matters is flawed.

I do have to admit I fail to see how I've breached any known standards of
etiquette here.

> I'm not going to warn you again about this.

That's good, because I think we can all agree that it's pretty pointless to
warn somebody about something they haven't done.

>  I don't want you
> passing yourself off as some kind of authority because you
> will be spreading your confusion around.

Sniping about "[my] confusion" aside, I also don't want to (and of course
haven't been) "passing [myself] off as some kind of authority".  So I'm glad
we are in complete agreement on this.

> cgf

Have a happy Fourth Chris.

--