RE: Signals

Dave Korn
Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 01:35:52PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:25:27AM -0700, John Buttitto wrote:
>>> I wrote some simeple test code in Java to trap signals. Seems to work
>>> well, I then ported it to cygwin. The code listens for the SIGINT and
>>> prints a message. When I hit Ctrl-C while it is running the proper
>>> signal gets sent and traped.
>>>
>>> I then go to a second shell/Window  and do a ps on the process running
>>> and try to send a kill -s SIGINT <pid>. In cygwin this does not work the
>>> process dies with out traping the signal.
>>>
>>> Was wondering if anyone else ran into this and what silly thing I am
>>> doing that causes the issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> There was a problem with the setup.ini file on sourceware.org.  It should
>> be fixed now but it will take a while to propagate.
>
> Sorry.  Somehow I responded to the wrong message.  How embarrassing.
>
> cgf

  Heh, I thought you were just emphasising your point about how it's a bad
idea to hijack arbitrary threads for posting!

    cheers,
      DaveK

Re: Signals

Christopher Faylor-2
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 06:49:04PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:

>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> There was a problem with the setup.ini file on sourceware.org.  It should
>>> be fixed now but it will take a while to propagate.
>>
>> Sorry.  Somehow I responded to the wrong message.  How embarrassing.
>
>Heh, I thought you were just emphasising your point about how it's a
>bad idea to hijack arbitrary threads for posting!

Actually, I was reading in one window and responding in another.  Quite a
feat.  Seeing how these things usually go, it'll probably be the start of
a new trend for me.

cgf