RE: Cygwin corrupted taskkill in windows commandline

RE: Cygwin corrupted taskkill in windows commandline

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
Voris, Ben sent the following at Monday, September 24, 2012 12:18 PM

>As I read it,
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384187(v=vs.85
>).aspx says that use of sysnative is optional for WOW64 applications.
>However, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942589 reports a problem with
>directly using system32 on 64-bit version of Server 2003 and Windows XP.
>Perhaps the version of Microsoft Windows is the issue?

Let me get this straight.  Microsoft puts 64 bit apps in system32 and 32
bit apps in syswow64?  32- in '64 and 64- in '32!?!?!

How counterintuitive!

What were they thinking?

(I'm tempted to add a few more exclamations, but I'm using a government account.)

- Barry