Quickie

Dave Korn

  Since I've got a cvs a/c and keyfile on sourceware, is it possible for me to
upload packages with sftp?

  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-04/msg00086.html suggests that
there's some way of uploading directly to sourceware, but a quick test with
sftp doesn't WFM: it appears to connect, then there's a loooooong pause, then
it disconnects.  Is it supposed to "just work"?  Do I need to have my a/c
enabled for it in some way?

    cheers,
      DaveK

Re: Quickie

Christopher Faylor-2
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:35:38PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>Since I've got a cvs a/c and keyfile on sourceware, is it possible for
>me to upload packages with sftp?

No.  You have CVS access only.

RE: Quickie

Dave Korn
On 31 May 2006 17:39, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:35:38PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> Since I've got a cvs a/c and keyfile on sourceware, is it possible for
>> me to upload packages with sftp?
>
> No.  You have CVS access only.
>
> cgf

  Ok, well in terms of
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-04/msg00086.html, I /think/ that I
"want similar functionality", but since I've never seen the purpose of the
stage dir documented anywhere I was inferring from that post that it was a
temporary 'incoming' dir on sourceware where packages could be uploaded prior
to going live.  Am I wrong about that?  If not, how do I "create a similar
directory in [ my ] home area and use that"?

    cheers,
      DaveK

Re: Quickie

Christopher Faylor-2
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:59:53PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

>On 31 May 2006 17:39, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:35:38PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>>>Since I've got a cvs a/c and keyfile on sourceware, is it possible for
>>>me to upload packages with sftp?
>>
>>No.  You have CVS access only.
>
>Ok, well in terms of
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-04/msg00086.html, I /think/
>that I "want similar functionality", but since I've never seen the
>purpose of the stage dir documented anywhere

The "stage" directory was mentioned in an email to Chuck Wilson where I
indicated he could do "something like" setting up a stage dir as a place
for downloading packages before transferring them to the actual
directory.  I was using the stage dir for my own purposes until I found
out that there was some confusion around the fact that this was
interpreted as an endorsement for everyone to use this directory.  That
obviously doesn't scale.

Chuck, and a couple of other people, have the ability to upload packages
directly and are expected to help out in this regard.  People with only
CVS access do not have this ability.

RE: Quickie

Dave Korn
On 31 May 2006 18:11, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:59:53PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>>>
>>> No.  You have CVS access only.
>>
>> Ok, well in terms of
>> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-04/msg00086.html, I /think/
>> that I "want similar functionality", but since I've never seen the
>> purpose of the stage dir documented anywhere
>
> The "stage" directory was mentioned in an email to Chuck Wilson where I
> indicated he could do "something like" setting up a stage dir as a place
> for downloading packages before transferring them to the actual
> directory.  I was using the stage dir for my own purposes until I found
> out that there was some confusion around the fact that this was
> interpreted as an endorsement for everyone to use this directory.  That
> obviously doesn't scale.
>

> Chuck, and a couple of other people, have the ability to upload packages
> directly and are expected to help out in this regard.  People with only
> CVS access do not have this ability.

  Ah, that's clear.  I wasn't sure of the scope of the term "you" in the "If
you want similar ... "

    cheers,
      DaveK